Techenders

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This next weekend starting on the 26th April.
Techenders is a thing on a farm /campsite that the LateBay gang do twice a year. Nothing crazy but just chillin and maybe a beer or two, maybe a pub or two, maybe fish and chips on a Saturday night. Quite a few bays quite a few campers of various marques but mostly about having / had / liking / wanting a bay . And some actually do a bit of work on theirs in the field.

Ozziedog,,,,,, I’ll tell you more tomorrow

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,did anyone spot the Australian van ??? :)

I spotted the van of a friend of mine up there which is an Aussie bay, not sure how you would tell though?

It used to have an external door for the gas bottle which I believe was a give away of an Australian camping conversion but he removed it when the van was repainted, beyond that I'm not aware of any differences between Aus and RoW?

Yeah I'd missed the obvious, I guess it would be... ;)

I was looking at the metallic blue late bay in the first picture, I'm pretty sure Doug's van was an Australian import.
People put roo bars on for looking cool for a while, like the Boatyard Buses ones, but noones putting those on for aesthetic reasons .... are they? :D Also, look at the side of it ... you can see the old gas locker door breaking through to say 'G'Day!'

Edit ... its left hand drive though :(

I remember when having roo bars on your bus in the UK was enough to get you hounded off forums!

Nah you’re not even close . I’ll give you a big clue. It’s the very first blue one.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,but what’s the giveaway? Apart from it# got a Scooby shoved somewhere :)

It's the wipers. Only Oz buses have the wipers correct for RHD.

That's only true for the model-years of 1968~79 VW Type 2s that were assembled in Australia, under the Australian Design Rules. Unless things have changed, replacement RHD configuration wiper-arms for these vehicles are difficult to source, even in Australia.

Latest posts