'The Samba' forum....is it me or............?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
I've been around a bit and I'm on a few different forums for various interests (mostly motoring). I'm not a wuss either, but does anyone else find the postings on the Samba has a nasty streak running through it? a bit vicious, juvinile, aggresive, rude?

I'm sorry I registered there now! what a difference this forum is,I think with the special interest of early bays it feels a bit closer knit on here, never see any nasty comments or rip off stories. so Thank you everyone for keeping the respect between members that is sadly lacking else where!

it's funny you should mention this, as i feel 'different' somehow when posting on here than i feel elsewhere, especially vzi where i just used to post whatever came into my head ( :roll: ) whereas given the genteel nature of this place i usually end up going back through my reply and 'softening' it in keeping with the general vibe of the place.

i don't post on the samba, i just covet stuff in the classifieds so i can't really comment further :p

Im a Samba member and never had trouble but then again i only go on there for about 10 mins a week :mrgreen:

Ive looked at other threads that im not involved in and seen anxt between members, but it has nothing on JK :roll: .
Havnt been on there for ages now :!:

Yes this is a cool place 2 b 8)

I browse several fora about vespa's, hotrods and Veedubs.
This one is the bomb, no bullshit, you ask what u want and no nasty replies...
I'm on a Vespaforum in belgium.
It's almost fun but not quite when you see topic after topic degrade into childish arguing and backstabbing.
No room for anything non-standard neither. Customizing? Hell nooooo!! :?

Earlybay.com is like coming home.

Doris said:
I've been around a bit and I'm on a few different forums for various interests (mostly motoring). I'm not a wuss either, but does anyone else find the postings on the Samba has a nasty streak running through it? a bit vicious, juvinile, aggresive, rude?

I'm sorry I registered there now! what a difference this forum is,I think with the special interest of early bays it feels a bit closer knit on here, never see any nasty comments or rip off stories. so Thank you everyone for keeping the respect between members that is sadly lacking else where!
I use ebay USA for some of my Monkey bike parts, I find a fair few Yank sellers can be very off hand with their replies to my simple questions, I just put it down to a Yank v Brit thing :shock:

Some forums are more relaxed and require a different approach but I love being able blow off some steam on VZi for example,
most of it is banter but can look a little harsh from the outside, I expect the samba is the same.

I think that some guys are maybe on there constantly, and have been and reply to the same questions over and over and maybe get a little 'short' in the responses.
Most times its ok, though I mostly deal direct on parts classifieds.

Sambas been fine for me in the past, but have seen loads of people being super short with others. This is the place for me :wink:

I used to post on the JK forum but anyone remotely interested in doing mods, lowering etc would get massive amounts of flack from certain users so as soon as I found this site I haven't posted on there since.

I feel lost if I don't get my daily fix of EB although it would be cheaper if I stayed off here :wink: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I still use the Samba for bits of info and classified, VZI the same but this is home now.....

and to quote Twin Town..... "I f*****g loves it! :mrgreen:

You will always have the odd disagreement and text doesn't always portray meaning (intonation etc) but I find people on here give you the benefit of the doubt and allow and accept appologies. We're only human after all.

Plus with the lineups people have organised (or disorganised in my case :oops: ) we have met quite a few members in person.

Long may the site stay friendly, fun and informative....EarlyBay Rules. :lol:

well, were not into censorship (within reason), weve had a few heated debates, with the difference that there seems to be a mutual respect between the majority of posters. i dont know what gets into the heads of some of the people on those sites? for some the abuse seems to be a point scoring popularity contest. i only go to VZi and theSamba to check the classifieds, i get far more useful information right here :wink:

we aim to keep the chilled vibe 8)

Is it just me that has only got one response to an email about a for sale ad?

I emailed a bloke this week about some dellorto FRDs in the 'thesamba' classified section, 3 days later still no reply :( - I think only one seller has ever bothered emailing me.

just like to say recently found this forum and think it is ace.

VZi is okay but sometime seems to be just drunk rude people posting any old crap.

JK forum has gone down hill with the new complex setup, just makes it hard to surf. Also on JK I once mentioned my bus is lowered and god I wish I had never mentioned it. it was like I had commited a sin and we would now all die in the lowered bus.

earlybay what every you are doing keep up the good work :p

Tofufi said:

I emailed a bloke this week about some dellorto FRDs in the 'thesamba' classified section, 3 days later still no reply :( - I think only one seller has ever bothered emailing me.

Some ignore and some refuse to ship to the UK, for various reasons. Most times its all ok though, and the Feedback Forum really gets issues sorted out by peer pressure, when required!

:lol:

thesamba is ok for classifieds and some history sections but like someone mentioned alot of folks on there dont like the hassel of posting to the Uk.
You can normally tell before hand what responce you will get. In general if its cheap its just a guy selling bits hes found in his garage and he wont be arsed to ship, if its expensive (ie UK prices) its normally a trader and they will ship because they are selling it to us at twice the price a american resident would pay so that makes it worth them going to the post office, although they will also charge you for going to said post office :shock:
I dont go on the forums because 80% of samba users are just people running old cars if you know what i mean and dont quite get the hobby/modification side of things.

JK is crap now they have changed the classifieds and i never rated the forum as it was always abit pipe and slippers for me.

VZi classifieds are generally very good and i must admit ive met some really nice people on there while buying/selling stuff. The forum is some place i dont go on often as its full of "did you see so and so on eastenders tonight". I dont watch soaps so most of the stuff on there is beyond me.

I like it on here but i have noticed a few more posts getting locked lately. I suppose this could just be "over policing" or a price we pay for being so popular. Ive been here from day one and it never used to happen so maybe its the latter. :roll:

i'll 2nd that clyde!!!!!!!, i too have notice alot of threads being lock(for no really reason??) :shock: :shock:

But i can say that the things i have bought from thesamba have been priced ok and the only sh*t is the cost of the shipping/posting due to the changes in the US postal system.
keep it real :D :D keep it EB :D :D

Each forum has its own vibe and if someone posts out of line with tat they usually get jumped on.

A lot of the folks on samba are stock bo=ys and fight tooth and nail against it, many also dont like exporting to UK.

Hence there is some sometimes a little angst but I love the site.

VZi tends to be very bigotted and intolerant,

JK seems more grown up most of the time although there are several little spats from various in groups.

Here though like my club forum all great

Keep it up great site :)

Tofufi said:

I respond to emails for shipping quotes from the US to the UK but then never get a response back. Is it so hard to reply with no thanks shipping is too much? :roll:

Trouble with most americans is they dont understand their own very complicated mail system.

I bought a small boxed set of a book and film which weighed almost nothing I was told it was going to be $126 to send in the end I worked out it would be $5 as it was publishing materials

Latest posts