Your vans rake

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
Lets see 'em......here's mine

DSC01288.jpg

At times its this.......

1rake.jpg

:D

dubberdaz said:
That is a good hard launch there bud! Hey Q for you, will a 2007cc get me an my fully loaded Westy into the USB?
bvf2007.jpg
Hi mate,

Hmm......its not so much on engine size. Ok, of course a stroker motor is the way forward but there are other factors to concider.

The parts used in the engine build.
The power/torque of the motor.
Weight is the biggest factor/problem.
Correct gearing helps too.

On average, 125 bhp upwards should get you close.

Weight is the biggest killer. If you can loose some for racing that will help. On my first ever run i did a 20 sec!!
Down to 16.4 now but have spent a few squid along the way.

Best to try the track first to give you an idea.

We have a member running a 1776cc and well in the low 17's.

Check out our website and you'll see in the 'members' section what kinda motors we have and in what type of bus :wink:

Hmmm...food for thought, i guess i will have to empty the van as much as possible and see what happens :wink: I should be ready for next season, fingers crossed :eek:

dubberdaz said:
Hmmm...food for thought, i guess i will have to empty the van as much as possible and see what happens :wink: I should be ready for next season, fingers crossed :eek:
Nice one mate! :D Let us know next year :wink:

Few runs under your belt and we're see what is needed, if anything.

Mine :wink:

Ralph028.jpg

Its got about a 1.5 inch drop from the back to the front :D

Yes, I kept the van as nobody wanted an easy project for decent money. I have had the whole think repainted & am just fitting it back up. I put the pop top back on yesterday & will carry on over the week end.
It is coming together quite quickly now & looks fantastic. I need to pull the engine again to fit another oil seal & clean the engine at the same time, then do a lower ball joint. It can go for MOT as soon as it's back together really.

DSCN2210.jpg

DSCN2215.jpg

I carry this one around in the back!!!!

images.jpg

Sorry..... I tried not to but I really really couldn't help myself :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts